
"Baby don't hurt me, no more"...*remembers "night at the roxbury" and shakes head to music* lol....seriously though...what is love?
As we all grow up we all grow to believe in our own definitions of love either by our own definitions, by others' influences, or from our lifelong experiences. To me love is the greatest emotion a being can feel, its what helps show us that we really were created in the image of God himself. I believe that what makes God, God, is the fact that He truly knows how to love. His love is the greatest thing in the universe, why u ask? Because his love is unconditional, his love is wonderful, his love isn't selfish nor is it limited to any human influence. Now don't get me wrong, we are all capable of loving someone, we just may not live the life we're supposed to live if we truly love, i.e. a life of eternal happiness, one without fights, arguments, insecurities,etc.
Onto the dark side of this moon; love can also bring about the worst feelings a human being can go through , for love, misplaced in someone who doesn't truly return it, leaves that person open for hurt, not just any kinda hurt but the worst kind. Some say its more painful than pulling teeth without sedation/painkillers, others say they would rather die. So with examples like those who would want to love? you wanna know who? It's those that are willing to risk being at their worst, feeling like life is against them, feeling as though God has forsaken them, just to feel Happy, not just a temporary happiness but Happiness that fulfills your life. True love maybe one of the ways we can get closer to God. That being said, love is not limited to just loving your partner, e.g boyfriend,girlfriend, wife, husband, love can be towards a best friend, your parents, siblings, other relatives. Love knows no bounds, thats my point. It's not restricted to any area of interest, love can be shown, felt ,shared, even passed on.
I must admit, I am a sucker for love. I love almost everyone in my life that have shown some sort of real feelings towards me, be it friend, family even female interests. I must also admit, I'm in love with a lady, it is the greatest feeling in my life but its also contributed to my feeling my worst as I have been hurt terribly, I have reached stages so bad I didn't think I ever wake up the next day, I've also seen my worst fears of being in a relationship come to reality. Yea it sucked, some aspects still do, but , God as my witness, those moments of being happy and making her happy, just those few moments, make me realize how alive I could feel. Just those feelings, those times, of happiness show me, reiterate to me, that loving her IS worth it, will be worth it, shall be worth it. However, this love has no future if it's not returned and at this point in time I just don't know. So all I can do, is to trust in God that what ever happens, happens for the best.
Yes I really just did make you read a sappy story, LOL. I am trying to "show" you all that I write from some experience. As someone reading this I want to let you know something, NEVER give up an opportunity to love, it's what makes Human, it's what gives us purpose, what's the use in living life, getting a good job and being successful if you have no one to share it with? just a thought...I pray that we all can someday love and be loved in return....and now I leave you with the most accurate definition I know of what love is.... :
"If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." (1 Corinthians 13:1-13)

No comments:
Post a Comment